What You’ll Do
- Explore the historic towns of Montefalco and Bevagna
- Taste a selection of Sagrantino and Rosso di Montefalco wines/li>
- Taste the local produce of Umbria including olive oil and red wine
What to Expect
Tour the medieval cities of Montefalco and Bevagna on this full-day sightseeing tour of Umbria, and taste the deep red Sagrantino wines of the region; made from an Italian grape variety mainly found in the area.
Hotel pick-ups are offered from Foligno, Perugia, Todi, Assisi, Spoleto and Gubbio. Drive to Montefalco to tour the Museo di San Francesco (Museum of St. Francis), a former Franciscan church with frescoes that tell the story of one of Italy’s most famous patron saints.
Admire the 13th to14th-century Palazzo Comunale (Town Hall), and the former church of San Filippo Neri; now a town theater. Other historic churches include Sant’ Agostino and Santa Illuminata. See handsome 16th-century residences in Santa Maria di Piazza.
Continue to Bevagna, where ancient Roman monuments date back to the 1st century B.C. Just a few steps from the Forum, see the remains of a temple and check out the thermal baths which are still decorated with frescoes.
Explore the medieval heart of the city, including the 13th-century Palazzo dei Consoli, and the 19th-century theater with decorations by Domenico Bruschi and a ceiling of dancing muses by Mariano Piervittori.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (within 25 miles/40 kilometers of the area)
- Parking fees
What’s Not Included
- Wine tasting in some cellars (lunch in a wine cellar, with tasting, costs EUR 15 per person),
- Entrance fee for the museums of San Francesco and Bevagna
- Tips (extra gratuities should be paid directly to the winery, museum or restaurant, not the driver)
- Tour type: private (max 8 people)
- Duration: 7 hours
- Scheduling: all year long (from monday to saturday)
- Departure time: 10:00am
- Departure point: Pick up at your hotel
- Price (departure from Perugia, Assisi and Foligno area) :
1 – 3 person € 350 per group
4 – 8 person € 420 per group