What You’ll Do
- Tour the holy shrines of Assisi
- Go to the impressive Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli
- Discover the story of Saint Claire and the Order of Poor Ladies
- Climb up the steep forest gorge to the Eremo delle Carceri
- Get panoramic views of Umbria’s fertile landscape from the walled city of Spello
- Taste local wines and olive oils
- Car with double air condition
What to Expect
Tour the holy shrines of Assisi on this full-day tour of Umbria, with pick-ups from Foligno, Spoleto, Todi, Perugia, and Gubbio.
Explore the birthplace of St. Francis and learn more about Italy’s famous patron saint. Admire Roman ruins integrated into medieval houses, they’re still lived in by locals! Among the historic monuments of St. Francis you will visit is the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, where he first renounced the world to live in poverty.
Go to the Convent of San Damiano to learn about Saint Claire, founder of the Order of Poor Ladies, and visit the Eremo delle Carceri (Carceri Hermitage) in the forest gorge above Assisi, where St. Francis came to pray.
After lunch, drive to the walled town of Spello on the slopes of Mount Subasio, with commanding views of the Umbrian plains, groves of olives, and vineyards. There will be the chance to taste wines and olive oils during your tour, and if it’s a market day you can see the thriving trade of these ancient products still carried on to this day.
You will also stop at the tiny hamlet of Collepino, perched in the forests between Assisi and Spello, it’s a former settlement of shepherds and woodcutters.
- Hotel transfers (within a radius of 25 miles/40 kilometers)
- Parking fees
What’s Not Included
- Entrance fees
- Food and drink
- Tips (extra gratuities should be paid directly to the winery, museum or restaurant, not the driver)
- Tour type: private (max 8 people)
- Duration: 7 hours
- Scheduling: all year long
- Departure time: 9:30am
- Departure point: Pick up at your hotel
- Price (departure from Perugia, Assisi and Foligno area) :
1 – 3 person € 350 per group
4 – 8 person € 420 per group
optional: Guide in Assisi (€ 150 per group, entrance fees excluded)
Guide in Spello (€ 150 per group, entrance fees excluded)
Direct Booking (+39) 320 70 97 823