What You’ll Do
- Discover the famous Brunello di Montalcino wine
- Experience the world of wines in Montalcino
- Explore Montalcino and discover its rich history
What to Expect
On this 1-day tour you discover the famous wine of Montalcino. Brunello di Montalcino wine is made from Sangiovese, a grape traditionally called “Brunello” in Montalcino. The wine must spend at least 2 years in wooden casks and at least 4 months of aging in the bottle. The retention period in the bottle extends to up to 6 months for the reserve that comes on the market a year later.
Discover the history of Montalcino. The hill upon which Montalcino sits has had settlers since the Etruscan times. Its first mention in historical documents in 814 AD suggests that there was a church here in the 9th century, most likely built by monks associated with the nearby Abbey of Sant’Antimo. The population grew suddenly in the middle of the 10th century, when people fleeing the nearby town of Roselle took up residence in the town.
- Transfers from your hotel or accommodation
What’s Not Included
- Wine tasting in some cellars (lunch in a wine cellar with tasting costs 20 EUR per person)
- Tips (extra gratuities should be paid directly to the winery or museum or restaurant, not the driver)
Tour type: private (max 8 people)
Scheduling: All year long: every day
Price: 420 € per group (max 8 people)