HALF DAY PRIVATE WALKING TOUR
Explore the beautiful city of Perugia and learn the art of two old family-ruled workshops where passionate artisans create their masterpieces. Enjoy the highlights of Perugia’s “Acropolis” with a professional local guide and discover its soul through the voice of the people who are keeping the ancient traditions alive.
- Walking tour of Perugia with a professional local guide
- Visit of Perugia’s city highlights (Rocca Paolina, Porta Marzia, Corso Vannucci, San Lorenzo Cathedral, Priori’s Palace, Maggiore Fountain, Medieval aqueduct, S. Angelo church, Etruscan Arch)
- Visit of traditional stained glasses workshop
- Visit of ancient hand-weaving workshop
WHAT TO EXPECT
Perugia is a surprising city, where history and daily life of the people mix every day. Its squares, buildings, churches, little alleys and landscapes are just a part of the beauty of this vibrant university city. A professional local guide will take you into the heart of Perugia and explain you the history, the art, and the life of this authentic Italian jewel.
Perugia is not only monuments and stunning views, its traditions are still alive in some places where things are made as they were centuries ago. The stained-glass workshop located at the bottom of Rocca Paolina fortress is the place where some of the great Perugia cathedral’s windows were made. An ancient franciscan church is home of one of the most incredible hand-weaving workshops in Italy, here, using old machineries, the family makes masterpieces of medieval and reinassance design. You will learn the art through the passion of the people who work in those “out of the time” places.
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Entrance fee of stained-glass workshop
- Entrance of hand-weaving workshop
- Tour type: Private (max 30 people)
- Duration: 4 hours
- Scheduling: All year long
- Departure time: 2:30pm
- Language: Italian, English, Spanish
- Price: € 110 per person
Direct Booking (+39) 320 70 97 823