THIS TOUR HAS BEEN THOUGHT FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE TRUFFLES AND UMBRIA IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT REGIONS IN ITALY FOR TRUFFLE PRODUCTION
Our truffle hunting tours will take you to hunt this famous local product of Umbria. Our truffle hunter will show you how to find truffles walking through the woods, how to use them in the best way, giving all the secrets, and furthermore how to cook and enjoy them.
To do a truffle hunt is a unique experience for blending good food, traditions and contact with locals.
It will start in the morning at a farm. From there together with a truffle hunter we will enjoy a walk in a wood with trained dogs hunting the so called black diamond of Umbria, truffle.
At the end of our walking we will go back to the farm where we will make home made pasta – tagliatelle – to get dressed with your truffle. We will also see and practice how to make home made cheese and then of course we will taste everything for lunch.
Our lunch will take place in the farm and we will get local food, mainly produced in the farm itself.
- Truffle Information session
- Local food & Truffle lunch
- Guided Truffle Hunt (with tour escort)
- Cooking class
Tour type: Small Group tour
Scheduling: All year long: every day
Price: 190 € per person (min. 2 people)
Transfer from/to Perugia, Assisi or Foligno area
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- We walk in the countryside so you need shoes suitable for that (runners are ok). If you are unable to walk on uneven terrain please let us know in advance. We will walk for about 1h – 1h30 in the wood. If you have any dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, allergies) please let us know. If we have bad weather we will be in touch to make sure you are still up for it!